Re: SCSI tape blocks > 128k ?

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:56:43 +0200 (MEST)

Harald Koenig wrote:
> I have to read SCSI tapes (DAT DDS1 this time) which have been written
> on non-Linux systems with blocksize >128k (512k right now, 1M possible too)
> but right now Linux (2.0) only supports up to 128k blocksize.

I have a patch sitting in incoming at Linux-patches@samba.anu.edu.au
that would make this possible. However it seems that Linus has gotten
bored of looking there, and there hasn't been any activity there for
over a month now.

http://samba.anu.edu.au/cgi-bin/linux-patches/incoming?id=267

The patch implements the bigbuffer support required for this use, and
patches "sg" to actually use it. A two-line patch will allow st to
also use this......

Roger.

--
| The secret of success is sincerity.  Once you can |  R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl
| fake that, you've got it made.  -- Jean Giraudoux |       T: +31-15-2137555
-We write Linux device drivers for any device you may have! Call for a quote-