Re: Best 2.1.117 virigin install method?

Neil Conway (nconway.list@ukaea.org.uk)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:28:33 +0000

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > > Is there a 2.1.x distribution to download? where?
> > > Or do I have to install 2.0.30 and somehow update that 2.1.x
> > > and then update that to 2.1.117 ??
> >
> > Just drop 2.1.117 over your favourite distribution and probably upgrade
> > pppd - little more.
>
> And perhaps upgrade modutils if your fav dist is slackware.
>
> I was very pleased to see RH have all the stuff *I* need for developmental
> kernels.

I guess you don't use NFS then... I haven't gotten around to updating
the userspace nfs bits of RH5.1 on my 2.1.108 machine, and it uses
amd... Hence I get thousands of "nfs warning: mount version older than
kernel" in my logs every day...

Must try and find out what to update one of these days ;^)