Re: 2.1.11x and Two sound cards

Ion Badulescu (ionut@moisil.cs.columbia.edu)
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:10:31 -0400

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 07:37:14 EDT, Alan Cox wrote:
>> But what do i have to edit to make possible having two Sound Blaster ??
>
> If you are running 2.1.x modular sound, nothing just load the module
> twice with the right options (load the second module with insmod -o sb2 )
>
> If you arent using modular sound, then tough basically

I have a patch which sort of enables the non-modular sound driver to see
more than one card of each type. I say "sort of" because it relies on the
rest of the driver to behave and to hide card-specific variables in card-specific
data structures. I was able to get the driver to recognize and use one Crystal
4236 and two SoundBlaster 16 cards simultaneously, but your mileage may vary.

Mail me if you need the patch. And be prepared to futz with the non-documented
"sound=..." parameters to get your second SB to work.

Ion

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.