Re: NFS: deterministic oops in nfs_file_close

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 09:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Ove Ewerlid wrote:

> > > Trace: c014d1d9 <nfs_file_close+31/58>
> >
> > Yep thats the one I fixed. (The dirty page waits occur from several points)
> >

> It is an improvement but a crash can still be triggered!
> This time the lock is solid with no oops!

Alan,

The first time I tried a client with 2.1.117-ac1, it locked the kernel
solid here as well. After rebooting both client and server, it nominally
ran correctly. However, I did not pound on it for long, as I wanted to
test hj's newest locking fixes and backed ac1 out for the time being. Can
you take a look at his kernel patches and advise as to whether they might
coexist with yours?

Thanks for the continued efforts!

Steve