Re: FIXED Re: Kernel 2.1.117 OOPS bug report

Michael L. Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 06:33:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, rbarnett wrote:

> The problem was solved when I upgraded to EGCS 2.91.54 (build 980816).
> Both binary distributions of EGCS 1.0.2 and 1.0.3a did not properly
> perform the "fastcall" operation in __switch_to. After manually compiling
> and installing the latest EGCS snapshot, the kernel compiled and booted-up
> cleanly.

Hi,

Strange... egcs-1.0.3a built from source seems to get it right. How
can that be? I tried different O/m switches.. no effect other than
ordering.

-Mike

.globl __switch_to
.type __switch_to,@function