Re: NFS and 2.1.117 and oddities

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:46:00 -0400 (EWT)

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> void rpc_clnt_sigmask(struct rpc_clnt *clnt, sigset_t *oldset)
> {
> unsigned long sigallow = sigmask(SIGKILL);
> ..
> ..
> }

The above call to sigmask could be the problem. If the kernel receives an
interrupt whilst in that function, it could change things, so that the
value returned would be invalid. Just my feeble attempt at eyeballing
kernel sources..

I think you should put a lock on the kernel whilst executing this function
anyway if it's critical for NFS anyway.

Cheers,
Alex

--