Re: VFS/ext2fs - large files on the Alpha (fails for 17GB+)

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:06:10 +1200

On Wed, Aug 19, 1998 at 09:53:33PM -0400, Alex Buell wrote:

> Does that means we *can* have a disk partition (or a RAID system)
> with a max. size of 70TB with ext2fs on Intel platforms with a
> block size of 8192 bytes? If so, will that be enough to satisfy
> one's lust for ever expanding disk space....

Probably... I don't have 70TB available to test though.

I once tried to make a 2 TB ext2fs filesystem by connect a large raid
vault to a laptop but couldn't get the SCSI to talk to each other
properly. I'm pretty sure people have, and use, filesystems over
200GB every day though...

-cw