Re: [REPORT] Adaptec and SMP problems on 2.0.35

Christopher Smith (cbsmith@envise.com)
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:53:31 -0400

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> Hi Ricardo,
>> after having occasional (one each 150-30 days) server lockups
>> with 2.0.34 and very often ones (one per day) with 2.0.35, I decided
>> to stop it and do an extensive test trying to discover the problem.
>> motherboard configuraton stuff, I guess.
> Similar here except it's a dual PPRo200 (Intel Buckeye server),
>same Ethernet, no 3Com. I did two things to try to lower my stress
>about sudden freezes (the machine is rufus.w3.org, the one carrying
> the RPM archive :-( ):
Geez. I've been having a similar problem with my PR440FX system
(on board 7880UW and EtherPro 100) w/2 PPro 200's. I'm not sure it's
the same problem, but I'll do more testing and let you know.

--Chris