Re: kill -9 <pid of X>

Geert Uytterhoeven (Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:21:11 +0200 (CEST)

On 18 Aug 1998, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> Jon> On 17 Aug 1998, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> >> Will you please stop calling them fbcon drivers then - they
> >> clearly are not.
>
> Jon> Who the hell are you to say what is and is not an fbcon
> Jon> driver? fbcon-kgi.c is a lot more conformant to the fbcon driver
> Jon> API as a whole than a lot of the fbcon drivers that are in the
> Jon> kernel.
>
> They may be abscon drivers, NOT fbcon drivers.

They are frame buffer devices, hence fbcon drivers.

But unfortunately we added support for frame buffer specific ioctls, and that's
what they're (ab)using to get accel in the kernel :-)

Greetings,

Geert

P.S. Smiley applies to `un' and `ab' prefixes.

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be