Re: ANNOUNCE: Pset (sysmp) 0.58 for Linux/SMP now available

Manuel J. Galan (manolow@step.es)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 16:19:26 +0100 (WEST)

On 17-Aug-98 Andi Kleen wrote:
> In article <199808171337.IAA20772@isunix.it.ilstu.edu>,
> Tim Hockin <thockin@isunix.it.ilstu.edu> writes:
>> This is the first public release. Anyone who was using version 0.57 or
>> earlier should upgrade.
>
>> PSET - Processor Sets for the Linux kernel
>> http://isunix.it.ilstu.edu/~thockin/pset/
>
> [...]
>
> A few comments:
>
> First please don't include the SGI includes/documentation, because they're
> not free and copyrighted by SGI.

[... more comments snipped...]

I have to congratulate Tim for his interest and work. Maybe it is not finished
and has a lot of rough edges, but if we want _real_ SMP support for 2.2 these
utilities are essential IMHO. He has been the only one to take the burden of
implementing them (AFAIK), hence my congratulations.

E-Mail: Manuel J. Galan <manolow@step.es>
Date: 17-Aug-98
Time: 16:14:35

This message was sent by XFMail