Re: Winmodem support

Aaron M. Ucko (linker@z.ml.org)
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 15:15:54 -0400 (EDT)

I've got two BT-* cards.. They work really well..

But AFIK there is very little support for Mylex's DAC960 raid stuff, and
the only drivers are beta..

The DPT cards seem to work really well, though I wonder if the kernel
drivers arn't as mature as other scsi cards, as the DPT cards I've used
seem slower under Linux then Novell.. Can anyone coment of these drivers?
There isn't much in the scsi howto about them..

The other problem with the DPT cards is that you can't check the array
status without rebooting into their dos config stuff..

I just heard about another Linux supporting raid controler: icp-vortex.
Their page looks intresting and they have monitoring software for Linux.
Anyone here use them? Can anyone comment on their
performance/reliability/drivers? They dont seem to offer ECC like the the
DPT cards to (DPT cards will do full ECC from the cache all the way to the
disk but it's expensive)..