RE: teles support?

Sid Boyce (szb50@amdahl.com)
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 19:19:20 +0000

Simon wrote:
> Dear friends:
> I am plan to setup a linux server with a permanent ISDN connection. But
> I really need some guide about hardware configuration. The question is.
> Does linux support Tele BRI/16.3 ; BRI/2TR. Give your comments if you
> can.
It certainly does, check out the stuff at ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/isdn4linux
I have the same card using here, but only on asyncPPP as Compuserve doesn't
support syncPPP and I have to put up with that till we switch ISP's.
There is a lot of documentation and references included in the utils package. I
recently tried to compile their latest stuff for the 2.1 kernels, but it didn't
fit my kernel, so I'm using the vanilla kernel stuff and the utils from SUSE.
If you run KDE, there is kISDN that can set it all up easily for syncPPP via a
super looking GUI without having to edit individual files.
Regards

--
... Sid Boyce...Amdahl(Europe)...44-121 422 0375