Re: CHALLENGE!!! =)

Jon M. Taylor (taylorj@ecs.csus.edu)
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:21:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Tygrys wrote:

> root wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody!!!
> >
> > This is a challenge for me ... and those who don't know how to
> > do it. =) How can I plug in a second SCREEN on a second VIDEO CARD in linux?
> >
> > I mean : I have a 15" SVGA Screen which I use in X-windows, and I would like
> > to plugin a 14" VGA Screen on a second video card....
> >
> > Do you know that?
>
> Not possible. The ,,excelent'' pc architecture allows only one (S)VGA
> graphic card. However, you can plug in a VGA and a hercules :-)

You can have as many PCI cards as you have PCI slots for, as long
as they are all Plug 'n Play compatible and can remap their memory regions
to avoid conflicts. After this, you could also have a VGA and an MDA card
as well. If you have one of those rare VLB+PCI motherboards, you might
also be able to add in some VLB cards.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'