Re: kill -9 <pid of X>

Rob Hagopian (hagopiar@vuser.vu.union.edu)
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 01:02:00 -0400 (EDT)

I hate to get sucked into this thread, but really... if there's no
legitimate reason to 'kill -9' the X server then why the heck is there
such think as 'kill -9' in the first place?

I happen to agree with you that if one wants to keep graphics out of the
kernel yet stable it should be doable with a wrapper process (although I
happen to like fbcon). And you're in the To: list, not the Cc: list on
this message.
-Rob H.