Re: knfsd and asm/system.h / linux/kernel.h problem [w/patch]

Greg Lee (lee@hawaii.edu)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:46:16 -1000

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> Eugene Crosser wrote:
>
> > Is anyone working on the kernel nfs server? is linux-nfs-0.4.21.tar.gz
> > the most recent version? I tried to compile it with the kernel 2.1.112

There's a 0.4.22 in O. Kirch's dontuse directory. I'm using it with 2.1.113.
Seems to work, but I don't know about locking.

> You don't need to build anything in the kernel directory of linux-nfs_xcxx,
> as all of the code is already in the kernel. Just modify the makefile to
> comment that part out.

But the utils that you do need also include asm/system.h, so this is not
enough. I made a local copy of asm/system.h, and just commented out the
line that was causing the compile error.

Greg Lee <lee@Hawaii.edu>