Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:12:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> Actually... That's not quite true. They did want, and get,
> something. Code. From what I heard, IBM had some code and techniques
> for performance improvements on Win32 platforms (Windows NT - yuck) that
> the Apache group wanted and they got and released.
>
> Code! The Open Source medium of exchange!

I forgot to mention this.. It is the most important point of the whole
subtopic I brought up. Thanks for bringing it up!

> I also know from personal experience that there are several groups
> in IBM that are working with Linux in a variety of capacities.

That is kewler than all things that have ever been kewl... Well, maybe
not.. There was that 5'3" brunette that purred like a kitten... Uh,
offtopic...

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2029 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2048 for the rich and the dead.
893 days remaining in the Raw Deal.