Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:46:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Ian Collier wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Aug 1998 01:59:35 -0500, Terry L Ridder said:
> > Since Digital, and IBM where part of the original 7 (seven) companies
> > that drafted the USB spec, and since both have become active supporters
> > of Linux, those two companies would be the next stop.
>
> IBM an active supporter of Linux? That would be nice.

They are only now seeing the benefit of Open Source. They've brokered a
deal with the Apache group to optimize Apache for WinNT, as long as they
can use it in one of their new business products.

When IBM asked the Apache group how much they want for liscensing, they
all said nothing. IBM said, Really, how much??? The Apache group said,
Really, we dont want anything.. Even if we did, there's no real entity to
pay! (or something to that effect...)

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2029 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2048 for the rich and the dead.
893 days remaining in the Raw Deal.