Re: BUILD_SMP_TIMER_INTERRUPT not needed movl

Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:18:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

[SNIPPED]

> Yeah, tere are differences between x86 processors, but checking that the
> value pushed is the decremented or the original sp is a way to distinguish
> between 8086 and 80286 (I can't remember which way the 186 worked). All
> 386+ push the unmodified %esp value, so I think Andrea is basically right.
>
> Gabriel.

The first reference I find to a difference (for stack operation) was with
the i486 p.p. 22-5, Intel486 Programmer's Reference Manual.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.115 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).