Re: std VGA text console funnies

Russ Mennie (russ@philicom.com)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 00:10:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> > > For what it's worth, I've had this type of screen corruption with
> > > every version of Linux from 1.2.13 through 2.0.0 - 2.0.35, and
> > > 2.1.115 as well. This has happened on every computer I've used
> >
> > Are you really sure it happens with 2.1.115?
>
> I was using 115 the other day, and I'm pretty sure I had a screw
> up in something. Now that you've asked though, I will definitely

I've had something similiar happen myself; with 2.1.114 & 2.1.115 recently
whereas; also when the system is under load; the characters on the screen
suddenly go random; the entire screen. I would expect it's video corruption
myself; but am unsure. I'm not sure what has caused it; and it's only happened
twice. No form of correcting it other than a shutdown..

I'm also running in 80x60 chars; which could have something to do with it..

Russ
Philicom Enterprises