Re: 2.0.33 -> 2.0.35 printer stopped working...

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 23:15:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, John Caldwell wrote:

> I cant find anything in the kernel config for 2.0.35 that relates to
> printers or parallel ports, but when i boot into 2.0.35 the printer stops

What messages relating to lp print when you boot or load lp as a module?
I think there was a change somewhere in 2.0.3x that caused the first
parallel port to move from lp0 to lp1. If your printcap is trying to
print to the wrong port, that would explain it.