Re: [OFFTOPIC]linux + WIN98

Michal Jaegermann (michal@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:26:59 -0600 (MDT)

> Bryan Vold wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 08, 1998 at 03:30:55AM -0300, Garst R. Reese wrote:
> > I'm buying my lovely wife a ThinkPad 385. It comes with Win98, but I
> > want to wean her off to Linux.
> > My real questions are "will lilo work?",
> Not if the filesystem has been converted to FAT32.

Could we, please, to take this [OFFTOPIC] stuff of the kernel list?
Especially if supplied answers fly in the face of reality. Yes, I do
have around here a Sharp laptop with FAT32 Windoze partition and Linux
on it and it boots both from 'lilo' just fine - thank you very much.

> > Can I just move W98 to the smaller partition and have it work? I would
> > have to trim it a bit, because all the shit they have loaded takes up
> > 1.2GB.
>
> Don't know.

But I know and you would either if you tried to look on the net for
FIPS. Yes, there is FAT32 aware version and yes - it even works.

Can we considered the subject closed on this list?

Thank you,
Michal