Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:09:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Terry L Ridder wrote:

> Richard, I did not miss your wording one bit and you very well know it.
> Shawn Leas continues to make claims that the only way a person can
> have the maximum SCSI configuration is by using dev_fs.
> He has stated he wanted a "fully" populated SCSI configuration.
> That is exactly what I pointed out to him is a myth.

Now you miss quote me... Hehehe... Actually, you are wrong. As I have
stated in the past, devfs quite nicely solves the problem of device node
creation, which as richard has illustrated could possibly be a problem on
large systems, at least a problem of convenience.

Good grief, you're like totally against it in any form, aren't you?

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2028 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2047 for the rich and the dead.
894 days remaining in the Raw Deal.