Re: IDE-Driver Disk Accounting Missing, Maybe SCSI too......

Andre M. Hedrick (hedrick@astro.dyer.vanderbilt.edu)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 15:31:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:
> > Now if the driver is going to be "Orphaned", I am now publicly offering
> > to step forward and help until someone better qualified than me returns
> > or takes over.
> >
> > I have been asked to integrate the ARM, PPC, and M68K ide-device stuff
> > into the current source, which I am doing.
>
> Have you already talked to Russell King? He got quite far with that.

Yes, he contacted me out of the blue.

I am working on the 3rd patch revsion to bring the additions back into
the near orignial format.

I have send him patch #2 which I am running right now for about five hours
and no breaks or scratchs.........

About 50% of the chipset dependent files are smashed and I am work to
make them whole again.........I have about 20 hours in and at best another
60-100 hours to go............

> Greetings,
>
> Geert (who's not eager to celebrate `5 year IDE support on my
> machine' with the patches still not integrated. And I can't
> even turn to NT if I get mad... :-)
> --
> Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be
> Wavelets, Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/
> Department of Computer Science -- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven -- Belgium

Cheers,
Andre