Re: TCP variable plotting utilities

Chirayu Patel (chirayu@trillium.com)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:00:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Ajit Anvekar wrote:

> Utilities like iptraf only show output of the packets that are going on
> the network with out any of the internal variables. I suppose this would
> mean hacking the kernel to view these variables. Could this be done via
> the proc/net interface or is there a better way of doing this ?? I also
> want the variables to be plotted in real time. Which packages would be
> ideal ??

/proc/net/tcp can be used. You can have a entry based on source
port-destport. If you have more than on n.w interface you should also put
an interface identifer in the /proc/net/tcp entries. You will have to
create/delete an entry for each socket opened by the kernel.

Another alternative is adding your own system call.

CP