Re: Antw: Re: CIPE - Encrypted IP Encapsulation

Dave Cinege (dcinege@psychosis.com)
Sun, 09 Aug 1998 16:58:30 -0400

Kragen wrote:

> > The solution is therefore not to keep crypto out of the
> > kernel, but to have a kernel _with_ crypto. Distributed from outside
> > the US if needed.
>
> That means anyone who wants to distribute Linux internationally has to
> be based outside the US,

UHHUMM! It means anyone choosing to distribute Linux internationally from the US
risks having to catch hell for it. Some of us are willing to do it anyhow.

> and anyone who wants to work on the kernel has
> to live outside the US. So Linus, Dave S. Miller, Donald Becker, etc.,
> will need to emigrate.

To further throw more shit into the fan, Linus is in the US on work permit, yes?
What does it say about possession of encryption by non-US nationals?

Oh wait...I don't care.

--
http://www.psychosis.com/emc/		Elite MicroComputers   732-541-4214
http://www.linuxrouter.org/             Linux Router Project

I am a regex s/retard/student/. Pray. There is hope.