Re: [2.1.113] What is CHECK_TTY_COUNT warning me about?

Gabriel Paubert (paubert@iram.es)
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 17:41:50 +0200 (METDST)

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> At least some (if not most) of the recent CHECK_TTY_COUNTS appear to be
> caused by the syscons patch which went in. I'm not yet 100% convinced
> that this solves all of the problems though, although it probably
> accounts for at least 90% of the cases reported in the last few weeks.
>
> Could folks try applying this patch (which was developed by Miquel van
> Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl>), and see if it makes the problem go
> away?

At least it eliminates my reproducible message. Thanks. Whether it solves
all problems is well beyond my understanding (especially of the serial
code)...

> If you can still easily the "tty count" problem after applying this
> patch, I definitely want to hear about it. As always, please send as
> much details as possible of your system. Thanks!!

Regards,
Gabriel.