Re: vesafb-HOWTO v0.6 released

Matthew Wilcox (willy@odie.barnet.ac.uk)
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 03:15:46 +0100 (BST)

> From: Alex Buell <alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk>
> Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 20:39:49 -0400 (EWT)
> Subject: Re: vesafb-HOWTO v0.6 released
>
> On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
>
> > You reject Lynx. Your web site does not deserve to exist. (Yes, I
> > mean this.)
>
> Actually, this has been there for a long time. I originally left that
> message in because older browsers doesn't support frames. I think frames
> are a valuable web tool.
>
> The day Lynx supports frames is the day I'll use it.
>
> I was quite willing to acommodate Lynx users by modifying my web site to
> support Lynx users, but thanks to you, I don't think I'll be doing that.

FRAME: contents
FRAME: main

Why the fuck are you using such a shite browser?! Upgrade to either
MSIE 3 or Netscape 3!

I guess what you don't see is that `contents' and `main' are highlighted
and selectable. Lynx has done this for _at least_ a year. I don't like
frames, but Lynx offers the _best_ implementation of them which I've
seen in any browser. Server-side includes allow you to do everything
you generally want to do with frames - and without screwing up netscape
& msie. Mind you, I don't know whether demon support that or not.

--
Set Alias$Case Set Alias$[ |||| |MSet Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ \ Matthew
"" |MSet Alias$When If %0=%%0 Then Set Alias$[ "" ||MIf %0=%%0    \ Wilcox