Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)

Nathan Hand (nathanh@chirp.com.au)
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 18:28:35 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Tethys wrote:

> >> ObMantra: no-one is forcing you to use the new names.
> >
> >Richard you are missing the point. It does not matter whether or not
> >anyone is "forcing" anyone to use the new names, it matters at least
> >to this one company in particular that if dev_fs goes in the kernel
> >they will have nothing to do with linux. It is their decision.
>
> True, but if their decision on whether or not to use Linux is based
> solely on the naming convention for devices, then I think they have
> other problems. Presumably they refuse to use Solaris, too?

Is this the same company that was going to drop Linux because they
were mucking about with 2.1.10* and noticed *gasp* a bug!?

Technical decisions about the Linux kernel shouldn't be decided by
some two-bit company. This is a ridiculous argument, Terry.