Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)

Terry L Ridder (terrylr@tbcnet.com)
Sat, 08 Aug 1998 02:07:37 -0500

Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

<snip>

> Think about it for two seconds. The devfs generates devices as needed.
> If you have a static /dev on a normal filesystem, you have to have
> all 8 million possible SCSI devices. With devfs, you don't.

I would like to understand why you make the statement above?
Why would I "have to have all 8 million possible SCSI devices"?

<snip>

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt and all the milk has turned and Captain Crunch is waving farewell when the Big One finds you may this song remind you that they don't serve breakfast in hell ==Breakfast==Newsboys