Re: No more connection to internet after Kernel 2.1.113

Aaron M. Ucko (amu@mit.edu)
07 Aug 1998 13:13:51 -0400

Michel Catudal <bbcat@netonecom.net> writes:

> The only things that aren't loaded are the modules which I load
> manually. The keymap is loaded the same as with the other kernel. I have
> my own hand written map file which I load with loadkeys mca.map
> This still work when I boot under the other kernel.

Interesting...try comparing the output of

strace loadkeys mca.map

under both kernels.

> > (The modules have nothing to do with console behavior; they merely
> > allow you to tell the kernel which codepage you'd use with a
> > particular filesystem under DOS.)
> >

> It looks to me like the locale don't work thus this would involve
> the kernel, isn't that correct? The support for locale was marked
> in the config so it should work.

That support has *nothing to do* with the console internationalization
support, which is always enabled. It just tells the kernel how to
translate characters in filenames on some filesystems.

> The puzzling thing is that it works correctly in an X shell.

X's keymap is completely independent of all of the above.

--
Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC <amu@mit.edu> (finger amu@monk.mit.edu)