USB (was Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???))

Andre M. Hedrick (hedrick@astro.dyer.vanderbilt.edu)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 11:18:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Mike Jagdis wrote:

> There is no reason scsidev could not be extended to handle things
> other than SCSI. I'll even volunteer to do it if required. However,
> I'm not aware of a USB driver for Linux yet and I don't see an
> awful lot of USB devices on the market yet.

I have the beginnings of a USB driver started, that in principle should
work in 2.0.x and 2.1.x, but no devices and a questionable BIOS
to support USB.........If someone has a copy of the whitepapers
before they were pulled off the net some time ago, SPEAK UP.

It is non-functional, but is a start......

Cheers,
Andre Hedrick