Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)

Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 07:51:50 -0400 (EDT)

I've had in the past, and working under Linux and Win95, three
IDE controllers, hence giving me 6 IDE devices. 2 of the IDE chains
were on my MB and the third on my SB32, which I don't believe was EIDE,
but I'm not positive that makes a difference. I also have a
configuration option on my SB32 to permit it to be the 4th IDE chain
in my system, and as such had I two of them I believe I could have 4
IDE chains, giving me 8 devices. I've yet to see anything that would
go past that though.

I don't believe the bus architecture makes any difference
though, just a matter of using the four (I would guess spec'ed) IDE
base address places, which I can't remember off the top of my head
at the moment, and having enough IRQ's availible.

Stephen