Re: No more connection to internet after Kernel 2.1.113

Aaron M. Ucko (amu@mit.edu)
06 Aug 1998 13:22:45 -0400

Michel Catudal <bbcat@netonecom.net> writes:

> I now have to figure out why RedHat won't load any of the modules.
> Even after I load them all I don't have any accent on the console.
> They work in a nxterm though from XFREE86.
> The modules I compile for the locales are the codepage 850 and 863,
> I have two possible keyboards that I can put on my pc, both need
> these codepages, ca and cf. I also have codepage iso8859-1

The keyboard map (which has nothing to do with the codepage modules)
is normally set by a program called loadkeys.

(The modules have nothing to do with console behavior; they merely
allow you to tell the kernel which codepage you'd use with a
particular filesystem under DOS.)

--
Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC <amu@mit.edu> (finger amu@monk.mit.edu)