Re: [2.1.113] What is CHECK_TTY_COUNT warning me about?

Bill Hawes (whawes@transmeta.com)
Thu, 06 Aug 1998 11:09:30 -0700

Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> It seems to be quite harmless. On _every_ boot on a machine with a serial
> console, I get the following (bleeding edge vger tree):
>
> Adding Swap: 66460k swap-space (priority -1)
> Warning: dev (04:40) tty->count(2) != #fd's(3) in release_dev
>
> Red Hat Linux Linux/PPC release 4.2 (Biltmore)
> Kernel 2.1.115 on a ppc
>
> corh01 login:
>
> it has been like this since I succeeded in booting 2.1 on this machine end
> June. I tried to find the cause and then gave up.

I've never seen this message on my machine, and haven't been able to find the cause
by reading the code. But if it's reproducible for some, I'd be glad to make a
diagnostic patch to track it down.

Regards,Bill