Re: FB and MTRR

Zlatko Calusic (Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr)
04 Aug 1998 23:05:32 +0200

Gerd Knorr <kraxel@goldbach.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> PS: Anyone has the full VESA 2.0 specs? I have just a magazine
> article which is'nt very verbose wrt. Protected Mode Interface.

How about: ftp://ftp.uni-muenster.de/pub/msdos/meschede/vbe20-12.pdf

VESA BIOS EXTENSION (VBE)
Core Functions
Standard

Version: 2.0
Document Revision: 1.2

I hope it helps somebody to make VESAFB work on those S3 VESA 1.2
cards (like mine S3Trio64 and many others).

I tried VESAFB, but had to delete swap partition, install bloody
MS-DOS (sys c: only), s3vbe20, config.sys and so...

Worked fine, penguin is lovely, and I *like* beer. :)

But, you know, this machine has been M$ clean for 6 months now, and I
intend it to keep that way. So I deleted everything next day. :)

Regards,

--
Posted by Zlatko Calusic           E-mail: <Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr>
Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who its friends are!