Re: CIPE - Encrypted IP Encapsulation

Dave Cinege (dcinege@psychosis.com)
Tue, 04 Aug 1998 10:41:29 -0400

Alan Cox wrote:

> > Are there any plans for a CIPE-like networking option in the kernel? or
>
> I'd love to BUT
>
> > just addons like this? Or wold it be possible just to merge the CIPE
> > true into the kernel (it appears ready for it to be inserted into the
> > kernel..).
>
> We can't do it until the US government grows a braincell

Alan,

Have you ever noticed human beings to willingly give up any power they may have
over others?

No. It doesn't happen. The US Supreme court slipped, and actually did
their job knocking down the CDA. What did the US congress do? They passed
another one last week.

I will defy it, like I defied the first one, as I defy all other things baring
the name of 'statue' that are outside of my nature rights to live free.

The point being, if people wait for permission to do something, they'll never do
it (because it will never be given it!). The kernel (and all other related
things IMO) ought not to be held back because of such arbitrary things. It is
technically impure, blasphamy.

Anyone not willing to do this should step aside for people with larger testicles
that will.

--
http://www.psychosis.com/emc/		Elite MicroComputers   732-541-4214
http://www.linuxrouter.org/             Linux Router Project

I am a regex s/retard/student/. Pray. There is hope.