2.0.35: PPSkit-0.3.7 available

Ulrich Windl (ulrich.windl@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:19:09 +0200

I'm lazy and thus quoting from my news article:
-----------
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.time.ntp
Subject: PPSkit-0.3.7 for Linux 2.0.35 is finally out!
--text follows this line--
Well, what should I say? PPSkit-0.3.7 is out after solving the extra
trouble with the new Adaptec driver for my AHA2940. I'm sorry for the
delay. New key features are: None ;-)

Here's the part from the NEWS file:

NEWS for 0.3.7

+ Changed numeric value for ``N_PPSCLOCK'' in <asm/termios.h> to avoid
a conflict with ``N_AX25'' in linux-2.0.35. The new value has been
negotiated with Alan Cox.

As usual, the kit can be found at
ftp://pcphy4.physik.uni-regensburg.de/pub/wiu09524/PPS/PPSkit-0.3.7.tar.gz

Enjoy!

Ulrich Windl
-----------

Anyway I never really intended this to go into the mainstream kernel,
but as the patch (``patch-2.0.xx'') is essentially unmodified for
quite a long time, and no one had reported problems, I'd suggest to
maybe include it.

The reason is that I usually just have to re-merge it with the current
kernel, and it won't change the basic functionality unless you add new
experimental features. The one exception is: I've added support for an
adjustable `tickadj' (adjtime). Probably some guru would like to shift
the new value in `struct timex' further up. Maybe just tell me what to
do.

Regards,
Ulrich Windl
P.S. Linus, what do you think?