Re: 2.1.113 UP compilation problem

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 18:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998 riffraff@kdi.com wrote:

> Hello. I ran into a compilation problem with 2.1.113 that apparently only
> shows up when compiled for UP. Basically it aborts attempting to compile
> arch/i386/mm/fault.c with a local_bh_count undefined error (due to its use
> of the in_interrupt() macro). Attached below is a small patch that seems
> to provide a sane solution to this minor problem:

Actually, a better fix is to just make arch/i386/mm/fault.c include
"<linux/interrupt.h>" like it should.

It so happens that on SMP it wasn't strictly necessary (the SMP header
files almost by mistake happen to do the proper includes), so I never
noticed. But because fault.c uses "in_interrupt()" is should definitely
include <linux/interrupt.h>.

Linus