Re: Linux 2.1.113 SMP locking hard

Matthew G. Marsh (mgm@paktronix.com)
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 16:43:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998 tmuller@agora.rdrop.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Building and booting 2.1.113 on my SMP machine locks hard after the IRQ
> redirection. SYS-REQ-MAGIC doesn't work and requires a system hard reset
> or power down to get it back.
>
> Kernel 2.1.109 builds and runs fine with the exact same configuration as that
> is the last kernel that I can boot without problems.

Same - see the history I have posted (subject: No SMP on 110). I have been
banging on the APIC code to try and find out where it gets me. What
machine do you have?

Here: Intel DK440LX (2) P-II 333 512M RAM IDE & (2) SCSI Adaptec etc.

One thing - try no-hlt on the lilo boot command line (ex: linux no-hlt)
and see if you get further (I get to the klogd daemon) and copy down the
boot messages.

Matthew G. Marsh, President
Paktronix Systems, LLC
1506 North 59th Street