Re: Increasing limit on SCSI hard drives

Adam D. Bradley (artdodge@cs.bu.edu)
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 15:09:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Allanah Myles wrote:

> Speaking of spending the day fscking your disks - has anyone considered
> developing jfs or any journaling fs for Linux (to avoid just this
> massive fscking issue)? I haven't read up on what reiserfs promises
> or is supposed to deliver, but I haven't heard much hoo-hah on the
> linux-kernel list with regards to any journaling fs support.

I'm working on a log-structured filesystem with support for multiple
physical volumes, called "XLFS". I had hoped to have a white-paper ready
around now, but publication deadlines are looming so it'll be off my front
burner for a few weeks. (I had just gotten a simple "mkxlfs" working when
I decided to re-think a few design decisions like how to set up the
.ifile<-->inode relationship...)

Adam

--
You crucify all honesty             \\Adam D. Bradley  artdodge@cs.bu.edu
No signs you see do you believe      \\Boston University Computer Science