re: vesafb HOWTO v0.4

James Curbo (jcurbo@ipa.net)
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 18:18:25 -0500 (CDT)

>From: Alex Buell <alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk>
>Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 16:56:06 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: vesafb HOWTO v0.4
>
>Well, guys
>
>The vesafb-HOWTO has grown beyond 8KB, a size that is far too large to
>post to the linux kernel mailing list and risk incurring further wrath. I
>wonder if anyone can recommend a good text markup language (please, don't
>mention that nasty horrid info thing) that will allow me to process it
>into either text, PostScript, man, LaTeX or simply HTML code?
>
>I wish to convert my HOWTO into HTML ready to put up on my web site along
>with a text version for the dinosaurs, then you all can go look on my web
>site when it's up. (and take the time to sniff the flowers and see the
>birds...)

Go sniffing around the LDP site (http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/) and use what
they use. I believe the toolkit is sgml-tools or linuxdoc-sgml or
something like that. The LDP writes all its docs in SGML from what I know
and then uses the toolkit to convert it into just about any other format
you can think of (text, info, man(?), postscript(?), html,
whatever). I'm not sure about specifics though, this information is from
my own sniffing around the website. :)
I believe you can probably convert other things into sgml too. (take your
existing html, turn into sgml, then turn into anything else you want, I
guess)

HTH. :)

-James