Re: >2G files patch wanted

Allanah Myles (dossy@panoptic.com)
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 01:19:56 -0400

On 1998.07.30, Christoph Lameter <christoph@lameter.com> wrote:
> It seems we need some way of handling files >2G. Could someone hack the
> kernel to do so?

Solaris has implemented this and called it their "largefile" support.
Is that a POSIX-like thing or did they just invent it themselves?
Is that an amenable way to provide "large file" support in Linux?

-Dossy

--
    Now I'm who I want to be, where I want to be, doing what I've always said I
    would and yet I feel I haven't won at all...      (Aug 9, 95: Goodbye, JG.)