Re: 2.0 scsi BLIST_SINGLELUN and MBR-7

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 00:50:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Perry Harrington wrote:

> > I have a Nakamichi MBR-7 attached to my Sparc 4 running 2.0.35; It is detected
> > as such, and I can mount CDs on all 7 luns. However, if I try to access more
> > than one at once, it hangs the machine, and I must physically power-cycle it.
>
> If I'm thinking right, you must unmount each lun before trying to access another.
> This is a juke right? The DOS driver works similarly probably, but DOS has no
> concept of "mounted"...abort, retry, fail?

No...I have one of these at home hooked up to a u34f SCSI card on a system
running 2.0.31. I can mount all 7 CDs and go back and forth between
looking at each of them. It automatically swaps the CDs around and loads
the one I'm currently using. I've heard you can do nasty things to the
system by intentionally forcing it to swap CDs around much faster than
it's capable of, but haven't ever tried breaking it that way.