Re: 2.1.111: IDE DMA disabled...BLAH...BLAH...

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:03:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

> 2) The CMD646 binary windows driver I disassembled supports DMA (and
> on CMD646+ models, UDMA due to bugs in the non-plus UDMA hw) and
> had a blacklist (in this driver) for drives to not perform DMA to,
> or drives to use more restrictive DMA timings with.

Damn it Alan, and Mark, how much more proof do you need that you're WRONG.

Why the hell do you have your head stuck in the sand and refuse to look at
reports that disprove your theories that DMA is safe. Mark even asked for
documented cases, but seems to have ignored the fact that he immediately
was pointed to two of them.

Ostriches, both of you.

Linus