Re: Is the boot logo politically correct?

Oliver Xymoron (oxymoron@waste.org)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:36:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

> I'm not going to choose an OS by the boot logo, but that doesn't mean
> I actually _like_ a beer-drinking logo! (non-relegious reasons)
>

> Question to girlfriend:
> "Do you think the Linux boot should show a penguin with a beer mug?"
> Answer from girlfriend:

Same here. Here's the solution I propose (would have tried it here first,
but don't have VESA 2.0 card to test out vesafb - argh): have the logo be
the standard Larry Ewing penguin, except when you hold down ALT (think
mind-ALTering) at boot.