Re: Hauppauge Win/TV PCI

Erik Andersen (andersen@inconnect.com)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:19:50 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Steffen Grunewald wrote:

> Good afternoon all,
>
> what is the correct list for questions about TV cards (and xtvscreen
> and xawtv) ?
> I read somewhere that there are several model numbers of Hauppauge's
> TV cards, including numbers like 401 and 411. Where will I find those
> numbers ?
[--snip---]

> Steffen

Ignore the model number. Hauppauge randomly changes chips and leaves
the model number the same. To uniquely identify a Hauppague card, you
have to pull the thing out and read off the chip names (stuff like bt848
and msp3430G).

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/