Re: Is the boot logo politically correct?

Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:37:54 -0400 (EDT)

Scott McDermott writes:
> david on Tue, Jul 28, 1998 at 10:05:05AM -0700:

>> We can't conquer the IS world of white collar executives without looking
>> proper. m$ for all it's despicable code has appeal because of eye candy.
>> It is the image. Bring the right image and we'll put the power of Linux
>> in the corporate world. Without it Linux is relegated to the fringes.
>
> Oh great, so we'll just compromise our principles and beg for market
> share. Give me a break, what a crock of shit. Who cares how many
> heads, or saturation. Why does this matter so much to people? *We* do

I suppose you are content running Linux at home. Some of us would
like to run it at work too, rather than be stuck with Windows 98.
If that means a few harmless changes to please idiots, no problem.

I'm not going to choose an OS by the boot logo, but that doesn't mean
I actually _like_ a beer-drinking logo! (non-relegious reasons)

Question to girlfriend:
"Do you think the Linux boot should show a penguin with a beer mug?"
Answer from girlfriend: