Re: 2.1.111 fix for "stuck on smp_invalidate_needed ..."

Patrick Kursawe (kursawe@anachem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:02:44 +0200 (MEST)

Hi again,

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Eric PAIRE wrote:

> Since the 2.1.110, people running SMP Linux systems have noticed this
> message occuring from time to time: "stuck on smp_invalidate_needed ...".
> After having spent hours on it, I have found the reason of this message
> that used to stuck SMP systems for seconds. The problem is very simple:

... or to make them not boot at all :-)

The patch did not work for my 2.1.111, but I changed the line manually. It
booted, it seems to work, let's hope it stays up.

Thanks alot, good job!

Patrick

Patrick Kursawe Patrick.Kursawe@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Hohenzollernstr. 69 http://www.anachem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/patrick
45128 Essen saft://zaphod.anachem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/kursawe
Who needs windows and gates in a world without walls and fences?