Re: SMP Problem and Re: 2.1.111 and memory performance (much

Patrick Kursawe (kursawe@anachem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:34:50 +0200 (MEST)

Hello once again,

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Christof Damian wrote:

> > not even boot! I get a nice series of messages "stuck on
> > smp_invalidate_needed IPI wait CPU #1".

> I had that too, but only if I do a warm reset. If I switch off/on the
> machine it runs nice. I even got the vesafb 1600x1200 running now.

I tried that, did not help. Just getting those stuck... messages again and
again. Just in the moment when init should be started.
I tried making the wait loop twice as long, that did not help either. So
it should not be a timing problem.

Bye, Patrick

--
Patrick Kursawe       Patrick.Kursawe@ruhr-uni-bochum.de