Re: BTTV Tuner Strangeness

Michael Harnois (mharnois@sbtek.net)
26 Jul 1998 22:26:54 -0500

"Phillip K. Hornung" <redx@pknet.com> writes:

> I have a newer Hauppauge WinTV card (2 actually, models 400 and 401)
> which both have a Bt878 chip, Philips NTSC tuner, MSP3430G-A1. Video
> card is and ATI 3DXpression+ PC2TV with 4MB SGRAM.
>
> I am currently using XawTV 2.18 and the experimental drivers included
> with it. The more standard BTTV drivers under 2.0.35 cause i2c i/o
> errors and the tuner can't change channels or fine adjust.
>
> The experimental drivers under 2.1.111 have no problems with i2c.

I'd be delighted to have your luck. The experimental drivers won't
work at all for me unless I hardwire I2C_COMMAND to 0x83. That gets
the TV working; however, even then, I get msp3400: no chip found. How
come this is working differently for you than for me?

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@sbt.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org